Wednesday, March 14, 2012

2 babies





As a mom of two kiddos just 1 day short of 14 months apart there are things I have been proud of, and other things...not so much.

I made it to church the last 2 Sundays (this last Sunday I made it on time and in the rain by myself - since Steve teaches Bible study I'm on my own for getting there). Steve and I made it through the service with two children. I fed a baby in church (would have never done that with Charlie)....i'm pretty sure I went to church without brushing my teeth and not having had a shower in 2 days, CB had dried breakfast on her  face, and June was wearing the same onesie she had on for 3 days. Good thing Jesus doesn't care.

On a side note, getting ready for church when none of your clothes fit because you still have the pregnancy front butt, and you need to be able to access baby feeding apparatuses, is quite the challenge.

I realized I can feed a baby while giving a bath, spoon feeding, saving a toddler from certain disfigurement, saving electronics from certain disfigurement, preparing food, pushing a swing outside... I also let Charlie chew on my flip flop just so I could finish feeding June in peace.

I've been able to keep a somewhat healthy perspective of the fact that these sleepless nights are just a season...1 out of 2 times when asked I can't recall my youngest child's name, 1 out of 3 times I call my oldest child by the dogs name.

I've cooked some actual meals...it often requires me ignoring Charlie playing in the dog bowl, slamming fireplace doors, pressing computer keys and all kinds of things we have been spending months teaching her not to do (I only have a small windows of time between feeding baby and chasing toddler for things like cooking)...I'm sure Charlie is confused when dad gets home and all the sudden she is being corrected again.


We went to the beach with a 14 month old and a 2 week old, and we survived.  June obviously would have probably preferred spending the day at home contemplating these weird appendages that she can't control instead of being fed on a beach under a blanket with her mom's sweat dripping on her and sand in her crevices, but Charlie had a grand time.





I watch old Greys Anatomy episodes while feeding a baby at night...I've seen 65 episodes, I have yet to read my Bible since the baby was born.  







While I was trying to finish up this post (in process x 1 week) CB has emptied every accessible drawer in the bathroom and the diaper bag contents are decorating the living room floor, oh,  and she just started crying when I blew my noise..must be nap time.  Good thing that kid is so stinkin cute and fun and her crazies are balanced out by tons of smiles and "cheeeseee."




Shockingly we have made it out of the house at least once on most days, so I'm sure there will be many more interesting experiences to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment