I should have flunked English 101. You will encounter poor grammar on this blog, if that will bother you click on that "X" or red dot in the upper corner of this blog page. For some reason I just don't care enough about it to pay attention.
Friday, May 11, 2012
The ridiculously long story about how God hooked me up with a VBAC, part #2
So, to make a long story short (ha!) I was waiting for my platelet count result to find out if I could get an epidural (it felt like a long wait) and when everything came back ok I got the epidural and within a couple hours I was pushing sweet soon-to-be-named June Olive out. The experience was totally a redemption of Charlie Belle's crazy birth and being cut open. Right after I had her they laid her on my chest for like 30 minutes, I was giggling and crying and giddy just saying over and over how much better this was then the c-section. She was warm and pink and perfect. I would encourage everyone I know to have a VBAC if at all possible. I was taking a shower within a couple of hours and the next day I still felt "high" from the birth, it was wonderful. I was barely at the hospital 24 hours. Not to say having a VBAC didn't come with its own aches and pains, but I didn't have to take any narcotics afterwards and other than the crazy vomiting I had right after I had her I never felt nauseas or drugged, which was amazing. I'm still in awe of this sweet little life and just how "simple" newborns are (well she is almost 3 months now, and still easy as pie compared to my crazy 16 month old).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment