Woah! I am so behind. I am not even going to pretend to try and catch-up, here's just a few of the happenings of the last few months.
June is walking! Just a couple weeks short of 15 months she decided to go vertical and she hasn't turned back since (like literally, she never turns back, even with me screaming "June, don't run in front of that moving car!!" she just giggles and charges onward).
 |
| so thankful for a sweet dog that will be so gentle and let the girls walk her. |
 |

We went to the beach for a little family vaca. And let me tell you folks, the beach is some dirty business. Kids get sand where you didn't know it was possible, and somehow it turns into cement on their bodies and comes out in their poo. Charlie got knocked over by a wave on day #1 and wouldn't go near the ocean after that. I'm pretty sure one morning she woke up yelling "no ocean! no ocean!" We tried to convince her it wasn't a fire breathing dragon but with her flailing and screaming we were worried someone would call DCF on us. She is one cautious chick, until she decides she is comfortable. And eating on the beach with a 1 year old. HA! hope you like a little sand with your watermelon. It was a way fun trip, but it also felt like a lot of work and we were thankful when they crashed at 7p and we could play shuffle board in the garage. alone. We kept them up for fireworks on July 4th and they loved it, but a little after 9pm Charlie was asking for her bed and June was trying to go to sleep on MckDaddy's shoulder.

 |
| Charlie developed an intense fear of mustaches and then recovered from her fear with a little immersion therapy. But she still talks about mustaches all the time and points out men that have them wherever we go. |
 |
| Charlie's first face "with hair." |
 |
| She still loves to swim. Don't look to closely at my face in the pic. |
 |
She is fierce ladies and gentleman. Watch out! she bites! (although, so far, only immediate family members, but that could be because she doesn't let anyone else touch her :)). I am actually so relieved she hasn't bitten anyone at school yet. She also pulls hair. She has the quintessential little sister defense mechanisms...I'm smaller, but I'm one to be feared! And boy does Charlie fear her. If she puts her mouth anywhere near Charlie, Charlie starts screaming "NO BITE GOON BUG!" Charlie was never a biter and I'm glad she hasn't bitten her back. June Olive is still sweet as pie for the most part. She is very independent and will play alone so much longer than Charlie. She can also destroy my house in minutes. To think, at one point I was worried about her being bullied by Charlie.
June is doing really well in school now and says so many things. She combines 3 and 4 words sometimes and at times is easier to understand than Charlie. She tries to copy everything Charlie does, and is obsessed with the potty. It is so different and fun to watch the younger sibling catch onto things so fast. |

 |
| Potty training happened at 29 months. It was so much less eventful than I imagined and she has been so easy. No way I can get two kids that do this so easily. She wears a pull-up for nap and bedtime, but only has pee accidents in it 1-2 times a week. Her booty in undies is still lusciously large and cute, I just want to squeeze it all day (is that weird!?!). Its become exponentially more cute since I stopped having to wipe a pile of poo off of it. We spent $9 on diapers this month, its a beautiful thing. |
 |
They love to wrestle and play rough. Someone always ends up crying. Always. But, its fun while it lasts.
This is disturbing, yet I love it. |
No comments:
Post a Comment