Tuesday, April 26, 2011

4 Months

That Nanna Bear.  She loved little ones.  I remember even when she was so sick, so down, so disheartened (which was rare) that one of the only people able to get a smile out of her was a little Hartzie.  She loved to snuggle and rock and sing to him, he loved to fit perfectly in her arms and coo and smile and give those Hartzie looks that make you feel like you are the most blessed person in the world.  It's sad that Nanna Bear's little Charlie Belle never got to make her day, but I'm just so glad she had little Hartz to do that thing only babies seem to be able to do.



Charlie Belle you are 4 months old.  You are a tall drink of water at 26 inches (90%) and a slender little bean at 13lb 5oz (30%).  Sometimes you toot so loud it sounds like it hurts. You have rolled both ways, but you take longs breaks in between doing it and prefer to just holler and let me know your tired of being on your tummy. You are still rockin a pretty sweet mullet, but you don't mind.

Today you had a hip ultrasound to make sure you don't grow up to walk like a cowboy with chafed thighs.  Because of your booty down uterus position and your girly parts you are at high risk for hip issues, but I'm not worried because your hips don't lie.  Even though you were awoken abruptly for the ultrasound you spent the whole time smiling and making pterodactyl noises at the tech.  The tech didn't seem to enthused though, I wanted to tell her it was rude not to smile back at you when you were throwing them out there for her. After the ultrasound we went and visited my old stomping ground on the PSCU and I spent the whole time thanking Jesus for how healthy you are.  You are a super efficient eater now but you are always trying to shorten your naps.  You know how to scream at the top of your lungs from your crib and then stop immediately as soon as I pick you up, I guess I could say you know what you want.  You are so seriously sweet.














I am at work 20 hours a week now.  You chill with your aunty Heather and get your weekly mani and pedi, and with your dad and get schooled on the guitar and bad hard rock moshy music (one day I will teach you to say "turn off that yucky noise daddy").  I've realized that having friends with kids is a must, as they never get tired of hearing you talk about baby poo and diaper sizes, they are just as interested in shmabbling about such things.  Sometimes I catch your dad telling his friends how you make a cute face when you stretch or how you love to put your feet on the guitar strings, and as cute as I think it is, most of his friends look like they are trying really hard to think of that sweet kill they made in their last game of Halo or what kind of beer they might have at Red Light that night.  oh well.


No comments:

Post a Comment